Luke 1:67-79 - December 22nd 2017
Read Luke 1:67-79
- What provokes Zechariah to prophesy?
- Why does Zechariah praise the Lord?
- Why does he say God has done this? According to what?
- Who is the child he addresses in verse 76?
- What is he called?
- What will he do?
- Why will he do those things?
- Read Isaiah 9:2, 40:3-5. How does this inform the meaning of Zechariah’s prophecy?
- What informs Zechariah’s praise?
- Zechariah has been longing for a child for years. But his prophecy has less to do with his family and more to do with God’s plan of salvation. Why is that?
- As we think about God’s faithfulness to keep his promises, how should that apply to our lives?
- How can we grow in theologically rich thankfulness, like Zechariah? What would that kind of thankfulness look like for us?