Mark 10:17-31 - September 28th 2018
THe Rich Young Man
Read Mark 10:17-31
- Who ran up and asked Jesus a question? What does Mark tell us about him? (v. 17, 22)
- What did the man call Jesus?
- What was Jesus' response to him?
- What was the one thing Jesus told the man he lacked? Why did Jesus tell the man this? (v. 21)
- What does the man's response (v. 22) tell us about the condition of his heart?
- Jesus says it is difficult for those with wealth to enter the kingdom of God (v. 23). Where else did Jesus talk about entrance into the kingdom of God in Mark 10?
- What does this tell us about entrance into the kingdom of God?
- What was the disciples' reaction to Jesus' words? (v. 24, 26)
- What does this tell us about their understanding of the kingdom of God and entrance into it?
- How is Peter and the disciple's response to Jesus different from the rich young man (v. 28)?
- What does Jesus promise to the disciples in response to Peter? (v. 29-31)
- What was the one thing the rich young man refused to give up to follow Jesus?
- How are you tempted to store up treasure on earth as opposed to treasure in heaven?
- How does Jesus' teaching in v. 27 encourage us in evangelism?
- Pray for one another to share the gospel boldly this week
- What are some things you have had to sacrifice to follow Jesus?
- How can we encourage one another with Jesus' words in v. 29-31?
- What are practical ways you can bear the burdens of those who have sacrificed for Christ?
- Pray for members of the church who have left family for the sake of Christ and the gospel to persevere and find encouragement in Christ.