Mark 11:12-33 - October 19th 2018
THE KING'S Judgment
Read Mark 11:12-33
- What is the setting of this passage?
- Why did Jesus curse the fig tree?
- Why did Jesus cleanse the temple?
- What OT reference is v. 17 referring to?
- Why did the chief priests and scribes seek to destroy him after hearing this?
- In cleansing the temple, was his intention one of reformation or judgement?
- How are the two accounts (Mk 11:12-14 and Mk 11:15-29) connected?
- What are the lessons Jesus teaches from the withered fig tree? (Mk 11:20-25)
- What are some repeated words in Mk 11:27-33?
- What is the source of Jesus' authority, why don't the Pharisees understand this? (Read Mk 1:11 and Mk 9:7)
- Why wouldn't the Pharisees answer Jesus' question? (Mk 11:31-32)
- What do we learn about the consequence for fruitlessness?
- What do we learn about how we should pray?
- What do we learn about the authority of Jesus?
- Pray for members of the church to bear the fruit that comes from faith in Christ.