Mark 12:28-37 - December 28, 2018
The greatest commandment
Read Mark 12:28-37
- Why does this scribe ask Jesus a question? (v. 28)
- What was his question?
- What verses from the Old Testament did Jesus respond with?
- How does the scribe respond to Jesus' answer? (v. 32-33)
- The scribe was testing Jesus, but how is this testing different than the previous groups? (v. 13-27)
- What does Jesus say to the scribe and what was the result of the crowd? (v. 34)
- What difficult question does Jesus ask in the temple? (v. 35-37)
- What does this tell us about the identity of Jesus?
- How does the crowd respond to his teaching?
- What does it look like to love God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength?
- What does it look like to love your neighbor as yourself?
- How well do you know your neighbors?
- What are you doing to love them?
- What ways are you tempted to focus on yourself, rather than your fellow church members or non-Christian friends?