Mark 14:12-25 - February 8, 2019
THE Passover and the supper
Read Mark 14:12–25
- On what occasion did the Israelites first take the Passover?
- What did the Israelites sacrifice during this time?
- What do v. 13–16 tell us about Jesus and who he is?
- Who is the one to betray Jesus in v. 18?
- What does Jesus say about his betrayer? (v. 20–21)
- What does v. 21 tell us about Jesus' death?
- What attribute of God does it reveal?
- What is the purpose of the pouring out of Jesus' blood according to v. 24?
- Discuss why we take the Lord's Supper as a church. What is the purpose?
- God's plan of redemption included the betrayal of Jesus by Judas. How does this encourage us to trust God when evil happens to us?
- What are some ways you are prone to worry or anxiety instead of trusting God?
- How does the gospel free us from this?