Mark 14:26-52 - February 22nd, 2019
Denied and arrested
Read Mark 14:26–52
- Who does Jesus say will fall away? (v. 27)
- Which disciple denies this? (v. 29)
- How does Jesus respond to him? (v. 30)
- What is the response of all the disciples? (v. 31)
- Who did Jesus take with him to pray (v. 33)
- How does Jesus feel while he is praying? (v. 33–34)
- What is Jesus' prayer? (v. 35–36)
- When Jesus comes back, what are the three disciples doing?
- How many times does this happen? (v. 39–41)
- What turn of events happens next? (v. 42)
- What sign does Judas use to betray Jesus? (v. 43–45)
- What do the disciples do when Jesus is arrested? (v. 27, 50)
- Why does Mark include the account in v. 51–52?
- What do we learn about the certainty of God's Word from this passage?
- What does the disciples' denial of Jesus tell us about ourselves?
- Where was Peter's confidence when he said he would never deny Jesus?
- What does it mean that the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak? (v. 38)
- What do we learn about the fear of man from this passage?
- Remind one another of God's steadfast love, despite our betrayal of him by singing "The Steadfast Love of the Lord" together.