Mark 14:53–72 - March 1st, 2019
Before the council
Read Mark 14:53–72
- Who was Jesus taken to? (v. 53)
- Who followed him and in what manner did they follow? (v. 54)
- What evidence did the chief priests have against Jesus? (v. 55–56)
- What false testimony did they give? (v. 57–59)
- How did Jesus respond to these accusations? (v. 60–61)
- What was the next question the chief priest asked Jesus? (v. 61)
- How did Jesus respond to this question? (v. 62)
- What did the high priest, whole council, and guards do when he heard this response? (v. 63–65)
- What did the servant girl accuse Peter of? (v. 66–67)
- How did Peter respond? (v. 68)
- What's significant about the rooster crowing? (v. 68)
- What did the servant girl accuse Peter of a second time? (v. 69)
- How did Peter respond a second time? (v. 70)
- What did the bystanders accuse Peter of along with the servant girl? (v. 70)
- How did Peter respond a third time? (v. 71)
- What is significant about the rooster crowing a second time? (v. 72)
- How did Peter respond when he remembered this?
- What do we learn about who Jesus is from what he professes about himself?
- List the number of predictions by Jesus that are fulfilled in this passage.
- How does the fulfillment of these predictions give us assurance of what Jesus taught?
- Compare Jesus and Peter. How are they different in their responses to accusations?
- How is Jesus an example to follow in this passage?
- How is Peter an example to avoid in this passage?
- How is Peter an example to follow in this passage?
- Sing Christ the Sure and Steady Anchor with one another to remind each other of Christ's constancy.