Mark 15:1–15 - March 8th, 2019
Read Mark 15:1–15
- What question did Pilate ask Jesus? (v.2)
- What was Jesus' response?
- Why is it significant that Jesus is called "the King of the Jews"?
- How did Jesus answer the other accusations? (v. 3–5)
- How did Pilate respond to Jesus' answer?
- Why was Barabbas in prison? (v. 7–8)
- Which prisoner did Pilate ask the crowd about? (v. 9)
- How did the crowd respond? (v. 11–14)
- What role did the chief priests play in the crowd's response?
- Why did Pilate release Barabbas and scourge Jesus and deliver him for crucifixion? (v. 15)
- What do we learn about who Jesus is?
- Why did Jesus give his life willingly and not argue that he was innocent?
- Seeing how Jesus was treated, how should his followers expect to be treated?
- What can we learn from Pilate's actions, since he knew that Jesus was innocent?
- Sing together of Christ's glory for his great sacrifice in our place: "All Glory Be to Christ" together.