Mark 15:21–41 - March 15th, 2019
The king delivered to death
Read Mark 15:21–41
- Who helped carry Jesus' cross? (v. 21)
- Where did they bring Jesus? (v. 22)
- Why would they bring him outside the city?
- What did they offer Jesus? (v. 23)
- During crucifixion, what did they do with Jesus' garments? (v. 24)
- What did the inscription read above Jesus? (v. 26)
- Was this true about Jesus? If so, why is it significant?
- Who was next to Jesus during this time? (v. 27)
- How did those who passed by and those around him treat him? (v. 29–32)
- What happened at the sixth hour? (v. 33)
- What happened at the ninth hour? (v. 34)
- What was the reaction of bystanders to this? (v. 35–36)
- How is their reaction ironic?
- What happened after Jesus breathed his last? (v. 38–39)
- What is the significance of this event?
- Who was looking on from a distance? (v. 40–41)
- What do we learn about who Jesus is?
- Why is the death of Jesus so important to Christianity?
- What would have happened if Jesus didn't die on the cross?
- Why is the death of Jesus central to the message we share with non-Christians?
- What is important about the women witnesses?
- What does the cross tell us about the mercy of God for sinners?
- Sing together of God's mercy in Jesus Christ "His Mercy is More".