Mark 15:42–16:8 - March 22nd, 2019
an Empty tomb
Read Mark 15:42–47
- Who asked Pilate for the body of Jesus? (v. 42–43)
- Who was he and why did he ask for the body?
- Why was Pilate surprised? (v. 44–45)
- What did the man do with the body? (v. 46)
- What was laid against the entrance of the tomb?
- Who saw where Jesus' body was laid? (v. 47)
Read Mark 16:1–8
- Who went to anoint Jesus' body? (v. 1)
- When did they go to the tomb? (v. 1–2)
- What was their concern as they went to the tomb? (v. 3)
- What happened to their concern? (v. 4)
- Who was inside the tomb when they entered? (v. 5)
- How is he described by Mark?
- What was their response to him?
- What did the man say to them about Jesus? (v. 6–7)
- How did they respond to this man's instructions? (v. 8)
- What do we learn about who Jesus is?
- Why is it significant that Jesus actually died on the cross?
- How is Jesus' resurrection different from that of Jairus's daughter in Mark 5:35–43?
- How does the resurrection give us hope?
- Remind one another of our resurrected Savior by singing: "See What a Morning".