Mark 6:1-13 - December 29th 2017
Honor the Prophet
Read Mark 6:1-6
- Where did Jesus go and what astonished the people?
- What did they expect?
- What astonished Jesus and what effect did it have?
- What did Jesus spend his time doing?
Read Mark 6:7-13
- What does Jesus send the twelve to do?
- What does it mean Jesus gave them authority?
- What instructions does he give his apostles and why?
- What was their message and mission?
- What do we learn about Jesus in this passage?
- What do these passages teach us about rejecting Jesus (or those who go in his name)?
- What should we expect?
- How should we respond?
- What warning is there for us?
- Compare and contrast the mission that Jesus has given to the Church/the Apostles in this passage.
- What authority has Jesus given us?
- What are we called to do?