Mark 9:2-13 - August 31st 2018
- What have we learned about Jesus identity from chapters 1-8?
- How has that been shown?
- How have people responded differently to Jesus?
Read Mark 9:2-13 (Also consider the immediate context - 8:27-9:1)
- Where did Jesus go and with whom?
- Is there anything significant about the setting?
- What happened at first? (v.2-5)
- Who else was there and what is significant about them?
- What did Peter say and why? What does it signify?
- What happened next? (v. 7-8) (Consider the details Mark includes, is there anything significant about them?)
- As they come down from the mountain what does Jesus say? Do the disciples understand? Why?
- Who is Elijah? What was the expectation about him? How was it fulfilled? What happened to him? Who might this be referring to?
- What do we learn about Jesus' identity from this passage?
- What do we learn about Jesus' mission from this passage?
- In light of that how ought we to respond to Jesus?