in The Psalms
Psalm 36 - July 12th, 2019
What does it say?
- Read Psalm 36
- Who wrote the Psalm?
- How does the Psalmist describe the wicked in v. 1–4?
- How does the Psalmist describe God in v. 5–9?
- What does the Psalmist petition God for in v. 10–12?
What does it mean?
- Summarize Psalm 36 in one sentence.
- Where is Psalm 36 quoted in the New Testament?
- In describing the wicked, what does the Psalmist mean by saying "his iniquity cannot be found out and hated" in v. 2?
- According to the Psalmist, how does God care for his people?
- How does Psalm 36 point to Jesus Christ?
How should it change us?
- How can the Psalms teach you to pray?
- What does it look like to "take refuge" in God?
- What does it look like to seek the Father for loving protection?
- How are you tempted to walk in the way of the wicked from v. 1–4?
- How can you fight these temptations?
- Sing "Jesus is Mine" to the Lord.