in The Psalms
Psalm 47 - August 3rd 2018
Rejoice, The Lord is King
Read Psalm 47:
- What is the instruction given in the first verse of the Psalm?
- What reasons are given for that instruction (v2-4)?
- Why should those reasons result in praise?
- What is God’s position in relation to the world according to the psalm?
- What is the position of God’s people in relation to the world?
- How do the rulers (princes) respond to his rule in this psalm?
- How is this different from other psalms (like Ps. 2)?
- How does this fit with what is described in verses 2-4?
- What is the reason given for the rulers’ response to God?
- What is the result of all this?
- Do you rejoice in the Lord’s rule?
- What does it mean that the nations are subdued under God’s people’s feet? How does this apply to us as Christians today?
- How should we relate to the world based off of this psalm?
- How should we respond to the fact that the princes gather as God’s people? How does this apply to us?