Psalm 94 – 31 July 2020
What does it say?
- Read Psalm 94
- What are repeated words/phrases/ideas?
- What are the connected words in the passage?
- Who is mentioned in the passage?
a. What do we learn about God?
b. What do we learn about the wicked?
c. What do we learn about the righteous?
What does it mean?
- What kind of psalm do you think this is?
- What complaint does the psalmist have?
- Discuss the rhetorical questions in the psalm, what do they teach?
- How would you divide up the text? Give each section a title.
- In your own words, how would you state the big idea of the psalm?
- How does this connect to the gospel of Jesus Christ?
How should it change us?
- Does the idea of God's judgment/vengeance comfort or concern you? Why?
a. Based on the psalm, how should these truths affect you?
- What hope is there for the believer given from this psalm?
- What warnings are there?