in 1 John
What does it say?
- Read 1 John 5:6–21
- What are some repeated words/phrases?
- What does John tell us about Jesus Christ?
- What does John tell us about the Spirit?
- What does John tell us about God the Father?
- What does John tell us about Satan?
- Why does John write vv. 6–12? (see v. 13)
What does it mean?
- What does it mean that Jesus 'came by water and blood' in v. 6?
- What is 'anything' in v. 14 referring to?
- What is 'sin that leads to death' in v. 16–17?
- Why does John end his letter with v. 21?
How should it change us?
- How can you have assurance of eternal life? Why is assurance so important for Christians?
- How can you grow in praying for church members caught in sin?
- How can you keep yourself from idols?