Mary’s Song of Praise
Read Luke 1:46-55
- How does Mary describe God in this song of praise? (Look at names, titles, and descriptions)
- Why does Mary praise God? What has God done for her?
- How has God treated different kinds of people in this song?
- Why does God treat them differently?
- What is God’s posture towards different people any why? (Look for repeated words, ideas, or themes)
- Why has God acted to help Israel?
- How does that relate to us as the church? (Consider Gen. 12:1-3 - Abrahamic Covenant, and Gal. 3:27-29)
- How does the birth of Jesus show God’s mercy to us?
- What does Mary model for us?
- What kind of people does the Lord bless?
- How can we cultivate this?
- What kind of people does the Lord oppose?
- How can we fight this?