What does it say?
- Read Genesis 16
- What does the author tell us about Sarai?
- What does the author tell us about Hagar?
- What is their relationship to one another?
- What does Sarai tell Abram to do in v. 2?
- How does Abram respond?
- What happened to Hagar after this in v. 4?
- How does Sarai respond?
- How does Abram respond to the situation in v. 6?
- What does Hagar do and where does she go?
- Who meets Hagar and what do they say?
- What promise is made to Hagar?
- What does Abram call his son?
What does it mean?
- Summarize the passage in one sentence.
- Why does Sarai offer her servant to Abram?
- Why does Abram listening to Sarai allude to from earlier in Genesis?
- Does God use Ishmael to fulfill his promise to Abram? Why or why not?
How should it change us?
- What sin did Sarai and Abram commit in this passage, and how are you in danger of committing a similar sin?
- How does the passage reveal God's compassion? How does it encourage you to be compassionate?
- Sing The King in All His Beauty to God and to one another