What does it say?
- Read Acts 18:1–23
- Where does Paul go? How long for?
- Who does he meet? How are they described?
- What does Paul do? How is it described?
- What is said, by whom, and how is it received?
What does it mean?
- What does it mean, "the Christ was Jesus" (v.5)?
- Why did God show Paul a vision?
- What is emphasized?
- What reasons does God give?
- How do the Jews understand Paul's ministry (v.13)?
- How does Gallio understand the disagreement (vv. 14–15)?
- What do you think it means for Paul to "strengthen all the disciples" (v.23)?
- How does the gospel/the Lord propel Paul to face such challenges in sharing the message the Jesus is the Christ?
How should it change us?
- Who are/could you partner with in proclaiming Jesus as the Christ to those who are God's in this city?
- How are you fearful of being bold in speaking about the gospel with others? What truths in this passage encourage you to "go on speaking"?
- How can we be involved in strengthening other disciples in our church?