What does it say?
- Read Titus 2:11-15
- Do you notice any repeated words?
- Are there any words that you need to define? ("denounce" or "zealous")
- Do you see any words or topics that Paul has talked about in previous sections?
- What words are used to describe God?
What does it mean?
- What does Paul mean by training in verse 12?
- Where do we get training? (v. 11)
- Read 1 Timothy 4:8 and 2 Timothy 3:16 (other letters written by Paul). What do they say is the purpose of training?
- Paul repeats the word "people" in verse 11 and verse 14.
- Who are these "people"?
- Do both verses have the same "people" in mind?
- Read Exodus 19:3-6. How does it help us to understand the "people" that Paul might be talking about?
- Why did Jesus give himself up? (v. 14)
- How should we live while we are waiting for his return?
- What do you think that Paul means by "these things" in verse 15?
How should it change us?
- Do you feel trained enough to "renounce ungodliness" & to "live self-controlled"?
- How could you get training? (2 Timothy 3:16)
- Who could you get training from?
- How does living in the hope of Christ's return affect how you live today?
- What's one thing you can do this week to remind yourself of the hope of Christ's return?
- Pray in light of this passage and about any applications you have made.
- Sing Where Shall I Be? to God and to one another.