THE KING'S Welcome
Read Mark 10:46-11:11
- What is the setting of the passage?
- What is the name of the man who cries out to Jesus? (Mk 10:46)
- What does Mark tell us about the man?
- What does the man call Jesus?
- How does Jesus' response to the man in v. 49-52 reinforce his teaching from Mk 10:45?
- What was the result of the man's encounter with Jesus?
- How does the man's cry, Jesus Son of David, prepare the way for his triumphal entry in Mk 11:1-11?
- What is the setting of this passage? Where is Jesus and why is it important?
- Why is the arrival of Jesus on a colt significant?
- Why do the crowds shout "Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!"?
- What do we learn about Jesus' identity?
- What do we learn about Jesus' mission?
- What do we learn about faith in Christ?
- What does Jesus' foretelling of his death tell us about his obedience to the Father?
- Pray for us, and for those gathering with us who aren't Christians, to see Jesus rightly.