Hard hearts and walking on water
Read Mark 6:45-53
- What had just happened previously? (v.30-44)
- What does Jesus make his disciples do and why?
- What does Jesus do?
- Describe the scene and make note of the details. (v. 47-49)
- What do the disciples think and how do they feel?
- What does Jesus tell them?
- What have we seen in Mark so far which is similar?
- What does their response reveal about them?
- What should they have understood about the loves?
- What did the loaves demonstrate about Jesus’ identity?
- Why didn’t they understand?
- Consider these passages (v. 30-44, and v. 45-53) in a whole Bible context.
- What similar stories are there that come to mind?
Read Mark 6:54-56
- What does this summary tell us about Jesus?
- What has Jesus been doing so far in Mark?
- What do we learn about Jesus from this passage?
- Why were the disciples afraid? What didn’t they understand? Why didn’t they understand?
- So what do our fears reveal about us? (Discuss things that tempt you to fear now).
- What is the solution to hardened hearts?