What does it say?
- Read Micah chapters 3,4 & 5.
- Do you notice any repeated words or ideas in these chapters?
- What do you notice about the leaders/heads and prophets of Israel?
- What are the specific punishments God will bring upon the people for their rejection of the Word?
- Do you see any promises in these chapters ?
- From where will the ruler of Israel come ?
What does it mean?
- How is the leadership of the promised Shepherd-King different from that which people are currently experiencing ?
- From Micah 4:2 and 5:2 what do you understand about the mission and purpose of Israel, especially in regards to other nations? (Consider Genesis 12:1-3)
- In Micah 5:10-15, how do you think these destructive acts of Messiah a means of salvation for his people ? How is this destruction beneficial ?
How should it change us?
- How does God's promise of our future deliverance at the return of Christ sustain us through times of suffering ?
- If you're a leader then what does your leadership look like ? How can you guard yourself against misusing your power ?
- Pray in light of this passage and about any applications you have made
- Sing Ancient of Days to God and to one another.