What does it say?
- Read Psalm 97
- Look for repeated words, themes, ideas.
a. How is God's presence described? (v1-5)
b. What actions/commands are mentioned in the Psalm?
What does it mean?
- What does it mean that "righteousness and justice are the foundation of his throne? (v2)
- What does the description of God's presence communicate about him?
- Who/What is "Zion"? Who are the daughters of Judah? (v8)
- What does it mean that "Light is sown for the righteous"? (v11)
- How does this passage point to the Lord Jesus Christ?
How should it change us?
- How does this vision of God compare to how you think about God?
a. What difference does it make?
- How does one grow in hating evil?
- Where do you search for joy and gladness?
- What would a life marked by rejoicing in the LORD look?