in 1 John
fellowship with christ
Read 1 John 2:1–6
- Why is John writing to them? (v. 1)
- What happens if someone sins? Who is our advocate? (v. 1)
- What does John tell us about Jesus Christ? (v. 1–2)
- What does 'propitiation' mean? (v. 2)
- How do we know if we know Jesus Christ? (v. 3)
- What does John say about those who say they know Jesus Christ but don't keep his commandments? (v. 4)
- Who is the love of God perfected in? (v. 5)
- How can we know we are in Jesus Christ? (v. 6)
- What do we learn about who man is?
- What do we learn about who God is?
- What do we learn about the connection between obedience and knowing God?
- How can we spur one another on in obedience?
- How does daily Scripture reading help us obey God?
- Sing together of God's love in Christ Jesus: "Behold the Lamb".