Teaching about divorce
Read Mark 10:1-16
- Why did the Pharisees ask Jesus a question about divorce? (v. 2)
- Has this happened before in Mark? If so, when?
- What question did Jesus respond with? (v. 3)
- Why did Moses allow for divorce according to Jesus? (v. 5)
- How was this different from God's original plan? (v. 6-9)
- What does God's original plan tell us about the nature of marriage?
- What did the disciples do when children came to Jesus? (v. 13)
- How did Jesus respond?
- What does it mean to receive the kingdom of God like a child?
- What does this tell us about the type of people the kingdom of God is for?
- What does the Pharisees question reveal about their hearts?
- In what ways can we approach Jesus with this attitude?
- How should we think about the importance of marriage from this passage?
- Pray for the marriages of our church to be marked by faithfulness and unity in Christ.