The Great Commission
Read Matthew 28:18-20
- Who is Jesus speaking to?
- What ground or reason does Jesus give for what he instructs them to do?
- What does he tell them to do?
- What are the specific components of the mission given to them?
- What are the parts of making disciples?
- What encouragement does he give them?
- How does who Jesus was addressing inform who is meant to carry out this commission? Who should today be leading in making disciples of all nations?
- How can you be involved in making disciples?
- What encouragements can we take from what Jesus says here as we make disciples?
- What is the relationship of baptism to making disciples? How should that shape the way we think about making disciples (Hint: Consider how Matt 16 and Matt 18 might inform the meaning of this passage).