What does it say?
- Read Acts 6:1–7
- Who is mentioned in this passage?
- What are the repeated words/phrases?
- What are some connecting words? (e.g. for/because/therefore/but)
- What complaint is mentioned in v. 1?
- How do the apostles deal with the complaint in vv. 2–4?
What does it mean?
- What are differences between Hellenists and Hebrews?
- What is 'the daily distribution' in v. 1?
- Why did the apostles want to prioritize preaching and praying in v. 2?
- What qualifications did the apostles give for who the church as to choose in v. 3?
- What can we learn about the roles of elders and deacons from this passage?
- How is this passage grounded in the gospel?
- What is the main point of this passage?
How should it change us?
- How can our differences in the church be opportunities for tension and disunity? How do we guard against this?
- Pray for our deacons to serve well for the unity of the church.
- Pray for the ministry of the word at Covenant Hope Church to be prioritized.
- How are you seeking to serve those different from you?