What does it say?
- Read John 2:1-11
- What occasion is described?
- Where was it?Who was there?
- What problem arises?
- What happens?
- How does the author describe what happened?
- What response is described?
- What conclusions does the author draw?
What does it mean?
- What is the significance of the lack of wine at a wedding?
- Can you think of any Old Testament passages which could help us understand
- What does Jesus mean by his response to his mother?
- What does it mean that his "hour has not yet come"?
- What does it mean he "manifested his glory"?
- What does this sign point to?
- What is the significance of the author's comment in v.11?
- How does this connect to the gospel? (Consider what it shows us about Jesus' identity. Look at the previous context- how does this connect?)
How should it change us?
- How should we respond to this sign?
- What does it show us about Jesus? (Consider his character, power, glory.)
- How should these answers change how we think, feel, live?
- Pray in light of this passage and about any applications you have made
- Sing All Glory Be To Christ