What does it say?
- Read Luke 1:46–55
- Who is speaking in this passage?
- Who is mentioned in this passage?
- What are the repeated words/phrases?
- What are some connecting words? (e.g. for/because/therefore/but)
What does it mean?
- Who was Mary?
- Why does she magnify and rejoice in the Lord? (vv. 48–50)
- What do we learn about God in this passage?
- What does it mean that God is holy? (v. 49)
- What does it mean to fear the Lord? (v. 50)
- What themes from the Old Testament are mentioned?
- How is this passage grounded in the gospel?
- What is the main point of this passage?
How should it change us?
- How should we praise God in light of this passage?
- How should God's treatment of the lowly change how we treat the lowly?
- How can we help one another grow in our fear of the Lord?