What does it say?
- Read Acts 1:12–26
- What happened in the previous context?
- What ideas/words/themes are repeated in
- this passage?
- from the beginning of Acts?
- Acts 1:12–14
- What did the disciples do and why?
- Who was there? (Any surprises?)
- How is it described?
- Acts 1:14–26
- Summarize what Peter says.
- What qualifications are mentioned?
- How did they make their decision?
What does it mean?
- How does Luke characterize the disciples?
- Why was it important to replace Judas?
- Why do you think Luke tells us about Judas' fate?
- What do we learn about Scripture?
- What does it mean to cast lots?
- Why do you think they did this? What does it show according to the text?
- Should we make decisions today in this way? Why or why not?
- How does their witness and ministry compare and contrast with ours?
- What aspects of the gospel are mentioned in this passage? What is not?
How should it change us?
- How should we imitate the apostles? How shouldn't we?
- How does this passage give us confidence as Christians?