What does it say?
- Read Acts 20
- What is the setting? What locations are mentioned?
- What people are mentioned?
- What are repeated words/phrases?
- What commands does Paul give in his speech? (vv. 17–35)
What does it mean?
- Why does Luke include the the story of Eutychus?
- Why does Paul want to be in Jerusalem if trials and suffering await him?
- How does Paul describe his life to the Ephesian elders? How is this a model for elders today?
- How does Paul describe his teaching to the Ephesian elders? How is this a model for elders today?
- How was false teaching a danger for the Ephesian church?
- How did the gospel change Paul's life? How does Paul preach the gospel to Christians in this passage?
How should it change us?
- Pray for the elders to pay careful attention to their own lives and the whole church.
- Pray for the elders to remain faithful to teach God's word.
- How can you take on Paul's selfless attitude in v. 19 and 24?