THE MESSIAH'S MINISTRY PREPARATION
What does it say?
- Read Luke 3:1–4:13
- Who did the word of God come to in the wilderness?
- What Old Testament prophet is quoted in Luke 3?
- What is a repeated theme of John the Baptist's message?
- Where do you see that in the text?
- Who did the people think John the Baptist might be?
- What did Herod do to John the Baptist?
- What significant event happened at Jesus' baptism?
- How old was Jesus when he began his ministry?
- How did Jesus respond to Satan in the wilderness?
What does it mean?
- Why does Luke quote from the Old Testament in Luke 3?
- Why did the people think John the Baptist might be the Christ?
- Why did Herod put John the Baptist in prison?
- What is the significance of Jesus' genealogy?
- Why did Jesus go into the wilderness for forty days?
How should it change us?
- What do we learn about Jesus? Who is he?
- What can we learn about Jesus' knowledge of the Old Testament?
- What would you say to a Christian who thinks they don't need to study the Old Testament?
- What can we learn from how Jesus fought temptation?
- How can you help members of the church as they are tempted to sin?
- Why is it important to know one another personally in the church?
- Remind one another of God's faithfulness by singing "Where Shall I Be?"