What does it say?
- Read Acts 6:8–8:3
- Who is primarily speaking in this passage?
- What are the repeated words/phrases?
- How does Luke describe Stephen?
- What accusations are made against Stephen?
- Who does Stephen reference in his speech?
- What different books of the Old Testament are quoted in his speech?
- What is the response to Stephen's speech?
What does it mean?
- Why does Stephen reference different Old Testament figures? What point is he making?
- What new character is mentioned at the end of chapter 7, and why is he significant to Acts?
- How does God use Stephen's life and ministry?
- How is this passage grounded in the gospel?
- What is the main point of this passage?
How should it change us?
- What can we learn from Stephen's preaching of the gospel?
- What fears do you have in preaching the gospel and calling sinners to repent?
- How are you encouraging others to be faithful despite persecution?