in The Psalms
The Way of the Righteous and the Wicked
Read Psalm 1
- What two ways of living are contrasted? (think about how they are described as well as what they do)
- What are the verbs are used to describe these two ways of living and what is the significance?
- What do the similes (things he compares them to) illustrate about the blessed man and the wicked?
- Discuss each part carefully, then consider the big picture.
- What is the outcome of the two ways of living and why?
- Summarize the teaching about the blessed man’s life.
- Summarize the teaching about the wicked man’s life.
- What do you delight in and meditate on? (what captures a lot of your thought life?)
- What guides and leads your life? (how do you make decisions?)
- How does someone grow in delighting in God’s word? How can we help each other to do so? What does it mean to meditate on God’s word? Do you do that?
- How does Christ fulfill Psalm 1?