in The Psalms
What does it say?
- Read Psalm 99
- How does the Psalmist describe God in this Psalm?
- What does the Psalmist call the people to do?
- How does the Psalmist describe God’s relationship to mankind and mankind’s relationship to God?
What does it mean?
- How would you summarize the message of Psalm 99?
- What does it mean God “sits enthroned upon the cherubim” in v.1?
- What does it mean to “worship at [God’s] footstool!” in v. 5?
- How can God be "a forgiving God to them but an avenger of their wrongdoings?" in v. 8?
- How does this point to the Gospel?
How should it change us?
- How can we “tremble” in light of God’s reigning? (v.1)
- How is our view of God challenged in light of Psalm 99?
- How does this Psalm encourage or command us to respond to God as he has revealed himself?
- What does it look like to exalt the LORD our God?
- Do we exalt/praise/worship God only when we gather together? Only when we sing?
- Sing our new song, "Only A Holy God" in response to this Psalm.