True Greatness, true servanthood
Read Mark 9:30-50
- What was Jesus teaching his disciples about? (v. 30-32)
- Did they understand?
- When Jesus taught on this before, what was the response of the disciples? (Look back at Mark 9:9-10)
- What were the disciples talking about on the way to Capernaum?
- Why does Jesus teach on how the first must be last?
- Why do you think John told the person to stop casting out demons? (v. 38-41)
- Why would it be better to be thrown into the sea with a millstone than to cause a little one who believes in Jesus to sin? (v. 42)
- Why is it better to enter the kingdom of God crippled than to be thrown into hell? (v. 43-48)
- What does it mean for "salt [to lose] its saltiness"?
- Why couldn't the disciples understand Christ when he shared about his death and resurrection?
- How is Jesus' thinking on what it means to be great different than the disciples?
- How should we think about the power of prayer from this passage?
- Pray for some members for the church to fight the temptations of sin. (Use the directory and pray for a page)