in The Psalms
Turn to God in troubled times
Read 2 Sam 15-17 for the context of the Psalm.
Read Psalm 3
- When did David write this Psalm?
- What is the situation David finds himself in according to verse 1 & 2? (Consider the context of 2 Sam 15-17 to help you understand)
- How does he respond to this situation?
- What does he say about God?
- What does this reveal about David?
- Why is this happening to David?
- How does God respond?
- What does verse 5 shows us about David? What does it tell us about God?
- How do the truths about God in verses 3-5 affect David? (Look at v.6-8)
- What does he ask God to do?
- What does he believe?
- What can we learn from David in this passage?
- What do we learn about God?
- What do you do in the midst of trouble?
- Where do you turn?
- Who do you listen to?
- What do you cry out? (Consider how David models crying out in this Psalm, what is the content of his cry?)
- How do we understand and rightly apply the second half of verse 7? (Consider the different covenantal contexts for David and us)