Who can forgive sins but God alone?
Read Mark 1:40-2:12
- What is leprosy and how would that impact someone; socially, culturally, religiously?
- What does he ask Jesus to do, how does Jesus heal him, and why is it surprising?
- How does the man respond to Jesus and what impact does that have on Jesus and his ministry?
- What was Jesus doing in Capernaum?
- Who is brought to Jesus and how? What does this demonstrate?
- What does Jesus see? What does he say?
- How do the scribes feel about it and why?
- What does Jesus want everyone to know?
- Compare and contrast the two healings and the two responses.
- What do Jesus miraculous healings reveal about his identity and his mission?
- What can we learn from all the individuals about how to respond, and how not to respond to Jesus? (consider those healed, those with them, the crowds, the scribes, etc.)