Liar, Lunatic, or Lord?
Read Mark 3:7-35
- How has Jesus ministry changed and why?
- What does Jesus order the unclean spirits to do and why?
- Who does Jesus call and for what purpose?
- What is significant about those who Jesus calls uniquely as apostles? (Think about what you are told about them, what you know, how many are chosen, the purpose of calling them, etc.)
- How do Jesus family respond to his growing fame?
- What have we learned about the scribes already? How have they responded to Jesus so far?
- What do they charge Jesus with here?
- How does he respond? What point are the parables making about who Jesus is, and his relationship to Satan?
- What have we seen already in Mark about Jesus’ interactions with Satan and evil forces?
- What is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and why is it unforgivable?
- How does Jesus respond to his family seeking him? Why?
- What does this emphasize about our relationship to Jesus and therefore God?
- How should our understanding of Jesus identity affect our relationship to him?
- Contrast the response of Jesus’ family, the scribes, and the desired response to Jesus.
- How does the gospel enable us to do God’s will and therefore be members of the family of God?