in 2 Timothy
What does it say?
- Read 2 Timothy 2:8–13
- Who does Paul tell Timothy to remember?
- How does Paul describe him?
- Why is Paul suffering?
- What are some contrasts in this passage?
- Who does Paul "endure everything" for?
- Why does he do this?
What does it mean?
- Summarize the passage in one sentence
- What is the significance of Paul saying "the offspring of David" in v. 8?
- Why does Paul call it "my gospel" in v. 8?
- Who are "the elect" in v. 10?
- What does the phrase, "if we deny him, he also will deny us; if we are faithless, he remains faithful–for he cannot deny himself" mean?
How should it change us?
- How often do you remember Jesus Christ throughout the day? How can you think about him more?
- God's word is not bound. How does this fact give you comfort and assurance in your evangelism?
- What was Paul's purpose? How is yours similar or different?
- Sing Across the Lands to God and to one another.