in 2 Timothy
What does it say?
- Read 2 Timothy 4:9–22
- What repeated words or themes do you see?
- Who are the people mentioned?
- What does Paul ask of Timothy (v. 9)?
- Who deserted Paul?
- Who did Paul ask Timothy to bring with him (v. 11)?
- What else did Paul ask Timothy to bring (v. 13)?
- How did Alexander the coppersmith treat Paul (v. 14)?
- Who stood by Paul and strengthened him (v. 17)?
What does it mean?
- Summarize the passage in one sentence
- Why did Demas desert Paul (v. 10)?
- What happened between Paul and Mark previously (v. 11)?
- Why did Paul want a cloak, books, and parchments (v. 13)?
- How can Paul say the Lord will rescue him from evil deeds when he has experienced physical persecution and almost died?
How should it change us?
- Have you ever been tempted to desert the faith or faithful friends? Why or why not?
- Do you know anyone who has left the faith? What does it look like to stop following Christ?
- How has God delivered you when you faithfully proclaimed the gospel and opposition came?
- How can you encourage fellow church members to faithfulness like Paul?
- God's faithfulness strengthened Paul, how does it strengthen your faith?
- Sing Great is Thy Faithfulness to God and to one another.