What does it say?
- Read Acts 5:12–42
- Who is mentioned?
- Where are they?
- What are they doing?
- Compare and contrast the different groups (apostles and religious leaders).
What does it mean?
- Why were the high-priest and Sadducees jealous of the apostles (v.17)?
- What are "all the words of this Life" referring to (v.20)?
- How would you summarize Gamaliel's advice (v.35–39)? What does he conclude?
- Why do the apostles rejoice for being "counted worthy to suffer dishonor for the name [of Jesus]" (v. 41)?
- What does it mean that "the Christ is Jesus" (v. 42)?
- What sections do you see in this passage? How would you summarize the whole passage?
How should it change us?
- What confidence does this passage give believers?
- What truth surprises you most from this passage? How should these truths change the way you live this week?
- What ways are you tempted to avoid being dishonored for following Christ?
- How can we rejoice when we suffer dishonor for Jesus' sake?