What does it say?
- Read Psalm 95
- What commands are given?
- How are they described?
- What reasons are given for the commands?
- How is God described?
What does it mean?
- What kind of psalm do you think this is?
- What do v.3-5 tell us about God?
- How do they compare or contrast with v.6-7?
- How would you divide up the text? Give each section a title.
- What happened at Meribah and Massah?
- How does "Today if you hear..." and following relate to the first half of the psalm?
- What does it mean to "harden your heart"? (v.8)
- Why do you think the psalmist wrote the song that way?
- How does this passage relate to the gospel of Jesus Christ?
How should it change us?
- How should these verses affect our worship?
- Read Hebrews 3:7-4:13. How does the author of Hebrews apply these verses?
- How should this psalm affect us "today" and every day" How do we not "harden our hearts"?