What does it say?
- Read Daniel 1
- Who is mentioned in the passage?
- When/Where does the passage take place?
- Who is the king?
- What does the king require of Daniel and his friends?
- How does Daniel respond?
- What does God do in the passage?
- What happens to Daniel and his friends?
What does it mean?
- Why did God allow Daniel and his friends to be taken to Babylon?
- Why wouldn't Daniel and his friends receive the kings food or drink?
- How are Daniel and his friends set apart?
- How does our understanding of the gospel shape this passage?
How should it change us?
- How are you tempted to succumb to the pressures of the world?
- How are you helping other church members fight temptations to be like the world?
- How does God's faithfulness fuel your faithfulness?
- How are you tempted to fear man?
- How do other church members help you fight temptations to fear man?
- What areas of your life are you being unfaithful in?
- How do you need to resolve today to repent and be faithful?