What does it say?
- Read Titus 2:1-6
- What is being contrasted by the "But"? (verse 10)
- What command(s) do you see in this passage
- Which groups of people are mentioned in the text?
- Compare and contrast the instructions for each of these groups.
What does it mean?
- What does it mean, "teach what accords with sound doctrine."?
- What is "sound doctrine"?
- What "accords with sound doctrine"?
- What does the repeated phrase "to be" communicate?
- What role should older women play in the church? (verses 3-5)
- What does it mean "that the word of God may not be reviled."? (verse 5b)
- How does this connect to the gospel? (Look to the surrounding context, how does one become these things?)
How should it change us?
- Which group do you fit into? How can you live out these characteristics? What gospel hope is there for these fruits to be produced in our lives?
- Confess ways you fall short of this and repent.
- What kind of community does this describe? How can we apply this to our lives together at Covenant Hope?
- Pray in light of this passage and about any applications you have made.
- Sing all or part of the song Not In Me to God and to one another.