What does it say?
- Read Luke 1:67–79
- Who is speaking in this passage?
- Who is mentioned in this passage?
- What are the repeated words/phrases?
- What time periods are mentioned?
What does it mean?
- Who was Zechariah? Who was he the father of? (v. 67)
- What does it mean to be filled with the Holy Spirit? What is prophesy? (v. 67)
- Who is Zechariah's prophecy concerning?
- What does Zechariah prophecy about this person?
- How can we understand Zechariah's prophecy in light of the gospel?
How should it change us?
- How should we praise God in light of this passage?
- What does it look like to live in "holiness and righteousness" before God all our days? (v. 75)
- What does it look like to walk into "the way of peace"? (v. 79)