in The Church
The Church – The Church’s Boundaries – September 6th, 2019
- Read Romans 6:1–11
- What does Baptism symbolize? (list everything from v.1–11)
- What impact should that have on our lives?
- How should baptism impact our view of sin? Ourselves? Christ?
- Following the logic of this passage;
- when should someone be baptized?
- how many times should they be baptized?
- Read 1 Corinthians 10:17, also read 1 Corinthians 11:17–34
- Explain the logic of 1 Cor 10:17.
- What happens when we partake of the Lord’s Supper?
- How does the unity of the community relate to the Lord’s Supper? (11:17–22)
- Why do you think that is the case?
- How ought that to affect the way we view/partake of the Lord’s Supper?
- What effect does it have if we don’t? (Between one another, between us and the Lord)
- What are/are not the purposes of the Lord’s Supper? (v.23–26)
- What warnings/instructions are there for partaking of this meal? (v.27–32)
- What does examining yourself look like for you before taking the Lord’s Supper?
- What does it mean to “discern the body?
- What consequences are possible for not partaking in the right manner?
- How does Paul conclude? (v.33–34)