in The Church
The Church – The Church’s Roles – August 30th, 2019
- Read 1 Corinthians 12:12–31
- How does Paul describe the church?
- How do we become part of the body of Christ?
- Why are the different parts of the body important?
- What does the metaphor of a body and it’s members teach us about the church?
- How should we live together as a church in light of this passage?
- Read 1 Timothy 3:8–13
- How does Paul describe deacons?
- How should they be appointed?
- How do deacons benefit from serving the Lord?
- Who are the deacons of Covenant Hope Church?
- Read 1 Peter 5:1–5
- How are elders/shepherds/pastors exhorted by Peter in this passage?
- What should a pastors life look like?
- What should an elders motivation be?
- How should others relate to the elders and why?