1 Thessalonians 1:1-10 - May 11th 2018
The Power of the Gospel
Read 1 Thessalonians 1:1-10
- Who is writing? Who are they writing to?
- What does the author start the letter by telling them?
- What are the reasons for this thanksgiving? Where do these reasons come from?
- How do the authors speak about their on ministry?
- What has been the consequence of the Thessalonians’ behavior?
- What is the reputation of the Thessalonians among other churches?
- Who does leave the focus on?
- What is the overall theme or focus of this passage?
- What qualities does Paul celebrate in the Thessalonians? How might you grow in these same kinds of qualities?
- How could we as a church grow in having the kind of reputation that the Thessalonians had?
- Why is waiting an important part of the Thessalonians’ reputation? Waiting for what? Would others notice that about your posture in life?
- How does this passage relate to the gospel?